Combining 2D graphs into a 3D graph

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg49404] Combining 2D graphs into a 3D graph
  • From: suomesta at yahoo.com (Carol Ting)
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 06:40:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi List,

I have many curves in the 2D space, each associated with a specific
value of parameter n.  (These curves are determined with a somewhat
complicated process depending on the value of n, so I cannot just use
one bivariate function to describe this family of curves.)

Can anyone tell me how to plot these curves in a 3D plot, while adding
n as the second axis?

For example, how can I make Mathematica plot the following lines in a
3D plot?

n=1, l1 = Line[{{2, 7}, {3, 9}}]
n=2, l2 = Line[{{2, 6}, {3, 8}}]

Thank you very much!