Re: Mathlink memory hog
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg49430] Re: Mathlink memory hog
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:46:32 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Mathematica 5 has an excelent sparse matrix solution function
and you should use it.
I expect that you memory problem has nothing to dow
with MathLink or Mathematica -- it's your code that
produce the memory blow up
"Lawrence A. Walker Jr." wrote:
> Help! My Mathlink program eats up too much memory!
> I am currently having memory problems when trying to run a Mathlink'd C
> program in Mathematica v. 5. I use Mathlink to call an external C
> program to solve a large sparse matrix. The problem I am having is that
> according to the Task Manager, the external C code uses a lot of memory
> (mostly virtual memory), >500MB! Based on the matrix size 73x73, I
> expect the code to use far less memory.
> I also searched the net for similar problems. I found one in which the
> user had to clear a cache directory. I can't find a cache directory.
> How do I keep my Mathlink C program from using so much memory?
Prev by Date:
Re: FindRoot s all
Next by Date:
Re: newbie alert: FindRoot
Previous by thread:
Mathlink memory hog
Next by thread:
newbie alert: FindRoot