Mathlink memory hog

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg49401] Mathlink memory hog
  • From: "Lawrence A. Walker Jr." <lwalker701 at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 06:39:43 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Help!  My Mathlink program eats up too much memory!

I am currently having memory problems when trying to run a Mathlink'd C
program in Mathematica v. 5.  I use Mathlink to call an external C
program to solve a large sparse matrix.  The problem I am having is that
according to the Task Manager, the external C code uses a lot of memory
(mostly virtual memory), >500MB!  Based on the matrix size 73x73, I
expect the code to use far less memory.

I also searched the net for similar problems.  I found one in which the
user had to clear a cache directory.  I can't find a cache directory.

How do I keep my Mathlink C program from using so much memory?

Thanks,
Lawrence