Mathlink memory hog
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg49401] Mathlink memory hog
- From: "Lawrence A. Walker Jr." <lwalker701 at earthlink.net>
- Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 06:39:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Help! My Mathlink program eats up too much memory!
I am currently having memory problems when trying to run a Mathlink'd C
program in Mathematica v. 5. I use Mathlink to call an external C
program to solve a large sparse matrix. The problem I am having is that
according to the Task Manager, the external C code uses a lot of memory
(mostly virtual memory), >500MB! Based on the matrix size 73x73, I
expect the code to use far less memory.
I also searched the net for similar problems. I found one in which the
user had to clear a cache directory. I can't find a cache directory.
How do I keep my Mathlink C program from using so much memory?
Prev by Date:
Re: Using a Result from NMinimize
Next by Date:
Re: Help -- Weird integration behavior
Previous by thread:
Re: Combining 2D graphs into a 3D graph
Next by thread:
Re: Mathlink memory hog