numerical solution of an ODE doesn't make sense

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg49520] numerical solution of an ODE doesn't make sense
  • From: "Ita" <kitamar at actcom.net.il>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 02:46:37 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello, and thanks in advance to any response.
I solved a 2nd degree ode with NDSolve for the unknown x(t) for 2 time
domains: 0<t<100 and 0<t<700, with the same boundary conditions.
than I ploted the two solutions for 0<t<20, and they came out different ! it
is like the solution in t<20 is influenced by the solution in t>100 - it
doesn't make sense.
thanks,
Itamar.