Re: Mathematica 5 I/O memory issues.

Thank you for the suggestions. I managed to work around the problem by
writing a function that outputs smaller portions of the array
incrementally. Since I had a bit of difficulty with this issue, I
thought I'd post the function here in case others have similar
problems.

buffWrite[file_, list_, nl_, inc_] :=
  For[i = 1, i < nl, i += inc,
    If[i < nl - inc,
      WriteString[file, OutputForm[TableForm[Take[list, {
    i, i + inc - 1}], TableSpacing -> {0, 1}]]],
      WriteString[file, OutputForm[TableForm[Take[list, {i,
          nl}], TableSpacing -> {0, 1}]]]
      ]
    ]