  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg49584] running a command in the background on unix/linux
  • From: Nathan Moore <nmoore at physics.umn.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 03:47:14 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a notebook calculation that will take ~ 10 hours to finish.  The
result of the execution is a text file.  How can I submit the "job" to
a machine with mathematica remotely?  Ie if I know of a fast machine
with mathematica installed, say fast.umn.edu, can I ssh to that machine
and then run Mathematica as a console application? (something like math
long_notebook.nb)

NT Moore