Question about composing a complex function.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg49765] Question about composing a complex function.
- From: gilmar.rodriguez at nwfwmd.state.fl.us (Gilmar Rodr?guez Pierluissi)
- Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 06:02:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dear Mathematica Group:
Let |z-w|=r^2 be a circle with radius r and center w in the complex
The function T(z) = w + (r^2/Conjugate(z)-Conjugate(w)) with w,z
Complex and r Real,
takes the interior of that circle to its exterior, and viceversa,
leaving the boundary of the circle fixed.
Also T(T(z)) = z, i.e. T(T(z)) acts like the identity function I(z)=z.
If I (refering to myself) define:
T[z_] := w + (r^2/(Conjugate(z)-Conjugate(w)))
why can't Mathematica give the answer directly; namely, z ?
What I'm I missing?
Thank you for your help!
Prev by Date:
Re: time delays
Next by Date:
Re: Pad a sign - and + to a list of lists
Previous by thread:
a terdragon like Rauzy Pisot tile IFS
Next by thread:
Re: Question about composing a complex function.