Re: complex analysis problem in mathematica 3.0
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48502] Re: complex analysis problem in mathematica 3.0
- From: BranasMan <branasREmoVe at mail.inet.hr>
- Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 04:22:21 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 07:21:59 +0000 (UTC) klishko at mail.ru (Alex Klishko) wrote: >I think, it confuses because of a variable w may also be a comlex number. >If w is a real try ComplexExpand -fuction. >For example: > >H = 1 / (s^3 + 2s^2 + 2s + 1) /. s -> \jw >ComplexExpand[%] w IS real,but i can't get mathematica to see that, and when i do ComplexExpand[%] i get the following: (1/Abs[1 + 2Iw - 2w^2 - Iw^3]^2 - (2Iw)/Abs[1 + 2Iw - 2w^2 - Iw^3]^2 - (2w^2)/Abs[1 + 2Iw - 2w^2 - Iw^3]^2 + (Iw^3\)/Abs[1 + 2Iw - 2w^2 - Iw^3]^2) does anybody manage to get this thing right? i'm a little lost...