Integral of a bivariate function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48737] Integral of a bivariate function
  • From: omid_rezayi at hotmail.com (Marc)
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 23:59:06 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

For a given bivariate function I want  to calculate the integral of
the function over an arbitrary compact region A, for instance over
A={(x,y)| f(x,y)=c} for some constant c. The function is smooth and in
my application it is the joint density of two continuous random
variables. I wonder if this can be done in Mathematica and in that
case how. Otherwise I'd appreciate any pointer to other programs which
can be used for this.