Re: freeing memory for animated graphics
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48804] Re: freeing memory for animated graphics
- From: V.Cejka at seznam.cz (Vasek)
- Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 04:07:16 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <zeukd8wv1in2@legacy>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 10 Jun 04 13:21:03 -0400 (EDT), hilke wrote: >Hi you, >I would like to show an animation of a long list of graphics, >unfortunately after a evaluating a few graphics mathematica stops >request freeing memory. Is it possible to assign using more memory to >mathematica? Mathematica has problems with memory. The simpliest solution is setting $HistoryLength=1 - M. will remember only 1 last result (%1). Commands Clear and Remove also help sometimes when using smartly (your own system when and how to use them is helpful). One of our problems with large datafiles we solved by rewriting some functions to C-language and by connection with MathLink. Do you have problem with memory allocated by calculation, or your graphics are so large?