Mathematica on Linux gives errors

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48878] Mathematica on Linux gives errors
  • From: "Tom Savels" <t.savels at utwente.nl>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 05:31:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I am running Mathematica 5.0 on a pentium 4 with Linux. I am having certain
difficulties with the performance of Mathematica:

1. When I abort an evaluation, the memory is cleared. That is, Mathematica
forgets all its declared variables and their values. It happens both when I
abort using "alt+." or via the menu.
2. I often receive the error message "libguide.so already initialized. If
you want your program to continue in this case, please set the environment
variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE". I set this variable correctly in Linux,
but it doesn't help. Each time this error is produced, Mathematica clears
its memory too.
3. When plotting 2D functions, there is the possibility to press ctrl and
then read out the coordinates of the spot your mouse is pointing at.
However, Mathematica doesn't always give the correct coordinates; it seems
as if the origin of its coordinate system is wrong. I am experiencing this
problem with ordinary 2D cartesian plots.

I would really appreciate any advice.

Sincerely,

T. Savels