Re: Problem rendering fonts (?) in mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48907] Re: Problem rendering fonts (?) in mathematica
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 02:51:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
you have the NumLock key down ??
Analabha Roy wrote:
> I'm running mathematica on Linux mdk 10. Now, everything works fine in shell mode but when I try to use the GUI, all sorts of funny things happen...
> The backspace key doesn't seem to work. Whenever I press backspace or delete, I get a bunch of squares.
> see screenshot of problem at
> Also, the shift+enter dowsn't work, although evaluations can be carried out from the "kernel->evaluate" menu in the GUI
> Is it a problem with the font server not knowing the path to a font that mathematica nneds, or do I need to install a praticular set of fonts?
> Please lend some guidance as to where I should start to diagnose what's going on.
Prev by Date:
Re: A module to write a module
Next by Date:
Re: SOLVING A CUBE
Previous by thread:
Problem rendering fonts (?) in mathematica
Next by thread: