Named Patterns in Switch
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48945] Named Patterns in Switch
- From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 05:36:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Here is an attempted routine using Switch that does not work.
a (I was hoping for 3)
Switch uses patterns, but any named patterns are useless. So the a in the third argument in Switch has nothing to do with the a_. in the second argument.
Is there some Mathematica construction that will test successive patterns with names, do a calculation with the first match and use the names in the patterns?
djmp at earthlink.net
Prev by Date:
Re: faster sublist checking
Next by Date:
Re: basic question about plotting 2 functions in one graph
Previous by thread:
Periodic Table of Elements (Chemistry)
Next by thread:
Re: Named Patterns in Switch