MATHEMATICA AND FINANCIAL CALCULATIONS?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg49085] MATHEMATICA AND FINANCIAL CALCULATIONS?
- From: barb28 at rock.com (barb28)
- Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 05:34:30 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, I am under the impression that mathematica is the standard for all types of engineering and other scienetific calculations. My question is, is mathematica also the standard for financial calculations, for instance for real estate? or is it primarily for the scientific world. I am asking, because I am trying to find the high quality standard for financial calucations, and of course, mathematica would do these types of calculations, but was wondering if for plain old run of the mill financial calculations, if a spreadsheet like excel was the way to go. Please forgive my grammar and syntax if it is not coming through ok. Any responses would be most appreciated, and please post here in the public forum. Thankyou.