vector problem I'm not sure how to express

I have two 5d vectors of equal length, a current and a target. The coordinates
are integer values, and the problem is to transform the one towards the other by
incrementing. This seems like a dot-product kind of problem, and knowing they
will always be the same length should simplify things.

Currently, I'm subtracting 1 from the coordinate with the largest difference,
and then adding 1 to the coordinate with the smallest difference. This is sort
of an approximation of the arc between them?

--
AngleWyrm
The C++ hat random selection container: