Re: FindMinimum: foo[x_?NumericQ] vs. NumberQ

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46701] Re: FindMinimum: foo[x_?NumericQ] vs. NumberQ
  • From: frankeye at cox.net (Frank Iannarilli)
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 00:14:26 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Follow-up:

  I tried to reproduce this problem for Wolfram Res., as it appeared
to signify a bug.  However, in between the time it was occurring, and
my reproduction attempt, I upgraded Mathematica from version 5.0 to 5.0.1.  I
have been unable to reproduce this under 5.0.1.  So I'd surmise this
issue, if it ever was, is retired as of 5.0.1.

BTW, 5.0.1 includes advanced documentation for Mathematica's optimization
routines (including FindMinimum) - worth a close read!  (Nice job,
WRI!).

(My foo[x_] function involved taking the PseudoInverse[] of a table
involving x).