Re: FindMinimum: foo[x_?NumericQ] vs. NumberQ
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46701] Re: FindMinimum: foo[x_?NumericQ] vs. NumberQ
- From: frankeye at cox.net (Frank Iannarilli)
- Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 00:14:26 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Follow-up: I tried to reproduce this problem for Wolfram Res., as it appeared to signify a bug. However, in between the time it was occurring, and my reproduction attempt, I upgraded Mathematica from version 5.0 to 5.0.1. I have been unable to reproduce this under 5.0.1. So I'd surmise this issue, if it ever was, is retired as of 5.0.1. BTW, 5.0.1 includes advanced documentation for Mathematica's optimization routines (including FindMinimum) - worth a close read! (Nice job, WRI!). (My foo[x_] function involved taking the PseudoInverse of a table involving x).