Binary File Read in Mathematica 5 for Mac OSX
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46933] Binary File Read in Mathematica 5 for Mac OSX
- From: bcd <bcdetterich at socal.rr.com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:54:57 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Extremely long read time for binary files using the Utilities Standard Package. In this case I'm reading signed 16 bit integers. The command s and syntax work as advertised, but it's SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, and I have big files. Can't find the Experimental binary import function ... error message seems to indicate it doesn't exist for Unix based systems. Looks like it will be faster for me to do a regular ReadList in Byte format then piece everything together myself. It's not that bad in this case, but still, YUK! I sure hope I'm missing something obvious. Any help appreciated. Bruce D.