Binary File Read in Mathematica 5 for Mac OSX
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46933] Binary File Read in Mathematica 5 for Mac OSX
- From: bcd <bcdetterich at socal.rr.com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:54:57 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Extremely long read time for binary files using the Utilities Standard
Package. In this case I'm reading signed 16 bit integers. The command s and
syntax work as advertised, but it's SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, and I have big files.
Can't find the Experimental binary import function ... error message seems
to indicate it doesn't exist for Unix based systems.
Looks like it will be faster for me to do a regular ReadList in Byte format
then piece everything together myself. It's not that bad in this case, but
I sure hope I'm missing something obvious.
Any help appreciated.
Prev by Date:
Exact real solutions of cubic equations
Next by Date:
Physical Constants package
Previous by thread:
RE: Exact real solutions of cubic equations
Next by thread:
List of Variables and manipulating them ...