newbie Comment question

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg47018] newbie Comment question
  • From: János <janos.lobb at>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 03:50:29 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have lines and lines of codes.  Like

I would like to comment out line2 temporary.  How do I do it ?  I tried
to look hard in the Book last night, but found nothing.

Related question.  If I do not want to insert a text cell to explain
what a line does, how can I add comments to the lines ?

In other languages  /*....*/  or // would work, but not here.  I do not
know yet how to add text cells, but would like to comment the code I

Thanks ahead,

clear perl code is better than unclear awk code; but NOTHING comes
close to unclear perl code