Re: Manipulating the Front End

Jonas:

Thanks for your post.  I used your pattern to start creating a hotkey
library.  Before, I could not guess the correct template.

For the benefit of other readers, here are two different hotkeys which
type \[Colon] into SelectedNotebook[].  The notebook displays \[Colon]
as a :-mark.

  Item[KeyEvent[";", Modifiers -> {Control}], FrontEndExecute[
    FrontEnd`NotebookWrite[ FrontEnd`SelectedNotebook[], "\[Colon]" ]
]],

  Item[KeyEvent["F12", Modifiers -> {}], FrontEndExecute[
    FrontEnd`NotebookWrite[ FrontEnd`SelectedNotebook[], "\[Colon]" ]
]],

Using $Version "5.0 for Microsoft Windows [2000] (November 18, 2003)",
I was not able to get Modifiers -> {Control, Option} or Modifiers ->
{Control, Command} to work, either.  However, Modifiers -> {Control,
Shift} did work for me.

Has anyone else also encountered key translation problems with
Modifiers -> {Control, Option} ?

Regards,
Harold