Building a list
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47114] Building a list
- From: Mark Coleman <mark at markscoleman.com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 03:56:00 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I've got a relatively simple function f[a_,b_,c_,d_], where a and b are
integers and c and d are lists (of reals), and f returns a real.
I need to evaluate f on (potentially long) sets of lists and calculate
a square "matrix" from the possible permutations of the elements in the
lists. For instance
I need to calculate
Note that f[a,b,c,d] does not equal f[a,b,d,c].
My first reaction was that Outer might do this, but I cannot seem to
get it to work. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Prev by Date:
Disappearing Help Browser Categories
Next by Date:
RE: How to Plot this equation ?
Previous by thread:
Re: Disappearing Help Browser Categories
Next by thread:
Re: Building a list