solving nonlinear equation with mathematica !!

Hi,

I face root finding problem solving nonlinear equation

I have system nonlinear equation

x^2-y-1 = 0;
10x exp(-x)-y = 0 ;

If you draw the graph you see two intersecting point .

I have found a point [Using FindRoot function ]
In (-0.1,-0.5) the point is (-0.0905897,-0.991794 )---it is OK

But
In (2.0,1.0) the point is (1.94463,2.7816)
But the graph says the x->2.something ,y->1.somthing
I have used same FindRoot function to find the root
in (2.0,1.0 ).

Please help me ASAP .

..
I want(exam)to use other methods(bisection/secant etc).
If any one have workout examples of nonlinear equation
please let me know .

Thank You .