solving nonlinear equation with mathematica !!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47146] solving nonlinear equation with mathematica !!
- From: m004202002 at yahoo.com (why)
- Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 01:35:02 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, I face root finding problem solving nonlinear equation I have system nonlinear equation x^2-y-1 = 0; 10x exp(-x)-y = 0 ; If you draw the graph you see two intersecting point . I have found a point [Using FindRoot function ] In (-0.1,-0.5) the point is (-0.0905897,-0.991794 )---it is OK But In (2.0,1.0) the point is (1.94463,2.7816) But the graph says the x->2.something ,y->1.somthing I have used same FindRoot function to find the root in (2.0,1.0 ). Please help me ASAP . .. I want(exam)to use other methods(bisection/secant etc). If any one have workout examples of nonlinear equation please let me know . ..... Thank You .