Re: solving nonlinear equation with mathematica !!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47151] Re: solving nonlinear equation with mathematica !!
- From: m004202002 at yahoo.com (why)
- Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 00:07:42 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
m004202002 at yahoo.com (why) wrote in message news:<c438oj$ekr$1 at smc.vnet.net>... > Hi, > > I face root finding problem solving nonlinear equation > > I have system nonlinear equation > > x^2-y-1 = 0; > 10x exp(-x)-y = 0 ; > > If you draw the graph you see two intersecting point . > > I have found a point [Using FindRoot function ] > In (-0.1,-0.5) the point is (-0.0905897,-0.991794 )---it is OK > > But > In (2.0,1.0) the point is (1.94463,2.7816) > But the graph says the x->2.something ,y->1.somthing > I have used same FindRoot function to find the root > in (2.0,1.0 ). > Sorry ,There was a fault in my code(graph plotting) Now every thing is ok :)