Re: solving nonlinear equation with mathematica !!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47151] Re: solving nonlinear equation with mathematica !!
- From: m004202002 at yahoo.com (why)
- Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 00:07:42 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
m004202002 at yahoo.com (why) wrote in message news:<c438oj$ekr$1 at smc.vnet.net>...
> I face root finding problem solving nonlinear equation
> I have system nonlinear equation
> x^2-y-1 = 0;
> 10x exp(-x)-y = 0 ;
> If you draw the graph you see two intersecting point .
> I have found a point [Using FindRoot function ]
> In (-0.1,-0.5) the point is (-0.0905897,-0.991794 )---it is OK
> In (2.0,1.0) the point is (1.94463,2.7816)
> But the graph says the x->2.something ,y->1.somthing
> I have used same FindRoot function to find the root
> in (2.0,1.0 ).
Sorry ,There was a fault in my code(graph plotting)
Now every thing is ok :)
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
RE: Re: Yet another Mathematica docs whopper
Previous by thread:
solving nonlinear equation with mathematica !!
Next by thread:
RE: solving nonlinear equation with mathematica !!