AW: Re: Music to Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47200] AW: [mg47167] Re: Music to Mathematica
  • From: Matthias.Bode at oppenheim.de
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 04:01:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Steve, hello Marc,

sorry, I wanted to be concise but was imprecise.

1. I have music notes (a song) on paper (classical five line system).

2. I identify (the key) the note(s) and pauses; e.g. "a" (= 440 Hz). (I can
calculate the frequency for each note.)

3. How to input this information into Mathematica in order to make it *play*
the music?

4. I do *not* want to write notes in classical notation on paper using
Mathematica.

5. I used "Scale" and entered frequencies: Unsatisfactory and clumsy because
a longer note has to be put in several times, speed is a problem as well.

Best regards,
Matthias Bode.