Re: Expansion of an exponential expression
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47214] Re: Expansion of an exponential expression
- From: bobhanlon at aol.com (Bob Hanlon)
- Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 02:57:34 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
anlog=Log[((2+Sqrt[1+2*h])^(-1))^(t/h)]; PowerExpand[anlog] Simplify[anlog, Element[t, Reals]&&h>0] Simplify[anlog, h>0&&t>0] Bob Hanlon In article <c4bdrj$6uu$1 at smc.vnet.net>, carlos at colorado.edu (Carlos Felippa) wrote: << As a result of some calculations I have (a snipet of a more complex expression) anlog= Log[ ((2 + Sqrt[1 + 2*h])^(-1))^(t/h) ] I would like to simplify this to anlog= (t/h) Log[((2 + Sqrt[1 + 2*h])^(-1)) ] so I can then take the Taylor series in h. But FullSimplify[anlog,h>0] doesnt do it. Do i need a ComplexityFunction?