Re: AW: Re: Music to Mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47233] Re: AW: Re: Music to Mathematica
- From: Erich Neuwirth <erich.neuwirth at univie.ac.at>
- Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 02:59:10 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
You might want to have a look at Musica http://www.sf.net/projects/musica Which is a very general system for making music with Mathematica. Among other things, it allows to read and write MIDI files. Matthias.Bode at oppenheim.de wrote: > Hello Steve, hello Marc, > > sorry, I wanted to be concise but was imprecise. > > 1. I have music notes (a song) on paper (classical five line system). > > 2. I identify (the key) the note(s) and pauses; e.g. "a" (= 440 Hz). (I can > calculate the frequency for each note.) > > 3. How to input this information into Mathematica in order to make it *play* > the music? > > 4. I do *not* want to write notes in classical notation on paper using > Mathematica. > > 5. I used "Scale" and entered frequencies: Unsatisfactory and clumsy because > a longer note has to be put in several times, speed is a problem as well. > > Best regards, > Matthias Bode.