Re: Constant function Integrate Assumption

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg47212] Re: Constant function Integrate Assumption
  • From: bobhanlon at (Bob Hanlon)
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 02:57:31 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

With[{Months = 1}, Integrate[UnitStep[t Months], t]]

Integrate[UnitStep[t Months], t, Assumptions -> Months == 1]

Integrate[UnitStep[t Months] /. Months -> 1, t]

Integrate[UnitStep[t Months] /. x_*Months -> x, t]

Bob Hanlon

In article <c4bdnf$6tr$1 at>, dsr14 at (Daryl Reece) wrote:

<< I am trying to use units within an Integration and would like
Mathematica to understand that the units (Month) are not a function of
the integration variable, but I have not had any luck with my

Integrate[UnitStep[t Months], t]

should yield

t UnitStep[t]

but I get the unevaluated form, because Mathematica does not know how to
assume that Month is not a function of t.

I've tried Assumptions, SetAttribute, no avail.  I've
also hunted extensively online (Wolfram, this group and MathGroup)
without any results, so any help would be greatly appreciated.