solving implicit function with symbolic expressions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48248] solving implicit function with symbolic expressions
- From: a-beyer at kellogg.northwestern.edu (Anne Beyer)
- Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 02:42:36 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, I am trying to solve implicit functions that include an exponential function. The implicit function looks like this: (2*Pi*stdeps*stdeps)^(-0.5)*Exp[-0.5*(AF - x - DA)^2/stdeps/stdeps] - (DA + s) == 0 The variable I want to solve for is DA. s,x,AF, and stdeps are symbols. I always get the message "Power::"infy" : "Infinite expression 1/0 encountered." Does anybody know a way to solve this? Thank you so much for your help. Anne.