RE: solving implicit function with symbolic expressions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48257] RE: [mg48248] solving implicit function with symbolic expressions
- From: "DrBob" <drbob at bigfoot.com>
- Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 05:20:55 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm guessing you have set stdeps = 0 at some point before trying to solve
the equation. Otherwise, you'd get a different error.
From: Anne Beyer [mailto:a-beyer at kellogg.northwestern.edu]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
Subject: [mg48257] [mg48248] solving implicit function with symbolic expressions
I am trying to solve implicit functions that include an exponential
The implicit function looks like this:
(2*Pi*stdeps*stdeps)^(-0.5)*Exp[-0.5*(AF - x - DA)^2/stdeps/stdeps] -
(DA + s) == 0
The variable I want to solve for is DA. s,x,AF, and stdeps are
I always get the message
"Power::"infy" : "Infinite expression 1/0 encountered."
Does anybody know a way to solve this?
Thank you so much for your help.
Prev by Date:
Extracting Coefficients and Powers
Next by Date:
RE: Re: Precision of output
Previous by thread:
solving implicit function with symbolic expressions
Next by thread:
Bug in O[x]