RE: solving implicit function with symbolic expressions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48257] RE: [mg48248] solving implicit function with symbolic expressions
- From: "DrBob" <drbob at bigfoot.com>
- Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 05:20:55 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm guessing you have set stdeps = 0 at some point before trying to solve the equation. Otherwise, you'd get a different error. DrBob www.eclecticdreams.net -----Original Message----- From: Anne Beyer [mailto:a-beyer at kellogg.northwestern.edu] To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net Subject: [mg48257] [mg48248] solving implicit function with symbolic expressions Hi, I am trying to solve implicit functions that include an exponential function. The implicit function looks like this: (2*Pi*stdeps*stdeps)^(-0.5)*Exp[-0.5*(AF - x - DA)^2/stdeps/stdeps] - (DA + s) == 0 The variable I want to solve for is DA. s,x,AF, and stdeps are symbols. I always get the message "Power::"infy" : "Infinite expression 1/0 encountered." Does anybody know a way to solve this? Thank you so much for your help. Anne.