RE: From C/C++ to Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48274] RE: [mg48197] From C/C++ to Mathematica?
  • From: David.Annetts at csiro.au
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 04:03:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Tamagochi,

> I am interested in porting a short program in C++ to Mathematica.
>
> Main part of the program are various operations on bits such
> as shifting,
> etc. Program performs decryption of a string that is encoded
> with public
> key. Since I am not certain I am permitted to post the full
> source code
> here, please contact me to my e-mail.

It's difficult to figure out what your question is ....

Since the two languages (C++ & Mathematica) have many common structures,
it is likely straightforward to port your C++ to Mathematica.
Mathematica has bit-shifting functions in Developer`.  Some parts of the
port will be easier than others, since Mathematica is very high level.

My advice is to start porting, although you'd need to know both
languages farily well to be able to do this.

Regards,

Dave.