Re: From C/C++ to Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48244] Re: From C/C++ to Mathematica?
  • From: "Roger L. Bagula" <rlbtftn at netscape.net>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 02:42:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> With MathCode C++ you can also generate optimized C++ code for numerical simulations from Mathematica and link existing C, Fortran, or C++ code to your generated code.
http://www.wolfram.com/products/applications/mathcode/

MathCode C++

MathCode C++ 1.2
Generates Optimized C++ Code from Mathematica Programs

With MathCode C++ you can generate optimized C++ code that can be
compiled and connected seamlessly into Mathematica.

Key Features

     * Generation of stand-alone C++ code from Mathematica code,
optionally connected via MathLink to Mathematica
     * High-speed numeric computations
     * Automatic linking of existing C, C++, and Fortran 90 code into
your MathCode-generated C++ code base
     * Extended matrix handling

The MathCode C++ code-generation system provides high performance,
connectivity, and easy-to-use matrix arithmetic for the Mathematica
developer. The core of the product is the translation of a subset of
Mathematica code to C++. MathCode C++ requires an external C++ compiler
to generate executables from the C++ source code (e.g., Microsoft Visual
C++ on Windows platforms or CC/gcc on Unix platforms). However, all
interaction with the compiler is handled by functions available in
MathCode C++. A free compiler for Windows is shipped together with the
product.

MathCode C++ is excellent for the user who wants to generate optimized
C++ code that can be compiled for efficient numerical calculations.
Using MathCode C++ together with the included C++ compiler, Mathematica
packages can be compiled to executables and connected seamlessly into
Mathematica. Existing functions/libraries of C, C++, and Fortran 90 code
can also be linked during compilation and connected into Mathematica.

MathCode C++ makes it possible to develop prototypes in the powerful
interactive Mathematica environment. These prototypes can be
automatically translated to fast production code in C++ and linked to
external applications. MathCode C++ is ideal for people who want to take
advantage of the speed of native C++ code.

Connectivity to C, C++, or Fortran 90 code is obtained by automatically
generating MathLink code for calling generated code and external
applications. Callbacks from external applications into Mathematica can
also be generated automatically. This implies that Mathematica
functionality which cannot easily be translated to C++ code can be
utilized in external applications as well.

Generation of stand-alone external code is supported, and no runtime
license is necessary for the distribution of compiled code. Functions in
a Mathematica package that the user wants to compile must take numerical
arguments and give numerical results for MathCode C++ to be able to
generate C++ code. However, symbolic Mathematica code can be a part of
function definitions, provided that the symbolic operations can be
expanded to arithmetic expressions of an extended class of the
elementary functions.

Thus, MathCode C++ opens up completely new possibilities for the user
for cost-effective development of high-performance computational
applications in the highly productive Mathematica environment.

Developed and supported by MathCore Engineering AB.

MathCore Engineering AB
Teknikringen 1B
SE-583 30 Linköping
Sweden
phone: +46-(0)13-328500
fax: +46-(0)13-212701
email: info at mathcore.com
web: http://www.mathcore.com

MathCode C++ requires Mathematica 3, 4, or 5 and is available for
Windows, Linux, and Sun Solaris.