newbie problem in linux
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48307] newbie problem in linux
- From: mazuego <mazuego at yahoo.com>
- Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 06:15:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
For a lot of years I have worked with mathematica 5 for windows. Now I have installed the linux version... During the installation process I had no problems. When I start Mathematica, a new window called "stderr" appears and it reports "warning: Actions not found: delete-next-character". Moreover in the workspace, the mouse cursor is a white hand instead the text coursor, and when I try to write a formula i cannot select the "position's squares", and when I press the tab key nothing appens... The result is that i cannot work with the linux version... where is the problem? where I am mistaking?