newbie problem in linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48307] newbie problem in linux
  • From: mazuego <mazuego at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 06:15:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

For a lot of years I have worked with mathematica 5 for windows. Now I
have installed the linux version... During the installation process I had
no problems. When I start Mathematica, a new window called "stderr"
appears and it reports "warning: Actions not found: delete-next-character".
Moreover in the workspace, the mouse cursor is a white hand instead the
text coursor, and when I try to write a formula i cannot select the
"position's squares", and when I press the tab key nothing appens...
The result is that i cannot work with the linux version... where is the
problem? where I am mistaking?