Re: Eigensystem: different solution in V5.0 and V4.1 ??

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48311] Re: Eigensystem: different solution in V5.0 and V4.1 ??
  • From: ivo.bleylevens at facburfdaw.unimaas.nl (Ivo bleylevens)
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 06:15:37 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello again !

This is in addition to my message earlier.

I forgot to say (maybe the most important part of my message) that the
eigenvalues Mathematica 5.0 calculates, are the correct eigenvalues
when the notebook is ran at a AMD Athlon 1200 MHz or AMD Duron 800 MHz
PC and not on a Pentium4 2,6 GHz stand-alone machine and a Pentium4
3,06 HT notebook !!

So: Mathematica 5.0 produces only the right solutions of Eigensystem
when you don't use a Pentium 4 processor ???

Greetings
Ivo Bleylevens