Re: Eigensystem: different solution in V5.0 and V4.1 ??
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48322] Re: Eigensystem: different solution in V5.0 and V4.1 ??
- From: ivo.bleylevens at facburfdaw.unimaas.nl (Ivo bleylevens)
- Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 00:45:18 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Fred ! You said: "Plug your results back into the fundamental relationship." I checked this in two ways: * The relation A*v = labda*v, where A is my 512x512 matrix, v an eigenvector and labda an eigenvalue of A doens't solve at all for the 512 computed values/vectors. * The eigenvalues of the matrix A are the solutions of a system of equations (because of using the Stetter-Moeller techniques). Plugging the eigenvalues into this system doens't solve the system. The eigenvalues calculated with Mathematica 4.1 at all machines (AMD & Intel) and Mathematica 5.0 at the AMD machines solve both the equation and the system of equations rather perfectly !! Thanks for your reply anyway !! Ivo