removing letters from alphanumeric data
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48377] removing letters from alphanumeric data
- From: charles.koehler at marquette.edu (Charles Koehler)
- Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 02:41:30 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I am able to find and read in from a data header a particular variable
value, my difficulty is in my attempt to drop the letters that follow
the number I need to retrieve.
For example, I'll use Find to locate the position of the variable
"Temperature" and then store the value that follows it, however there
is generally a "C" or something after the temperature value, e.g.
"45C". All I need is the value 45.
Also, If there is no entry at all is there a way to put a placeholder
value in it place, instead a Null.
Prev by Date:
Re: color and pointsize in listplot
Next by Date:
Re: SetPrecision - What does in find?
Previous by thread:
Re: style sheet for typesetting?
Next by thread:
Re: removing letters from alphanumeric data