Re: SetPrecision - What does in find?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48375] Re: SetPrecision - What does in find?
- From: kazimir04 at yahoo.co.uk (Kazimir)
- Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 02:41:25 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> If you compute with infinite precision the sum of the (negative) powers of 2 > corresponding to that expansion, you should get > > 1261007895663739/9007199254740992 > > Try this: <skiped> > Does it work? Yes, it does.I did not jnow that 9007199254740992 is a power of 2. It looks that it is a way that the developpers used. However, I would not agree that one can say that it is an infinite precision of 0.14 in usual sens. In fact the error introduced by the transformation is about MachinePrecision. Vlad