Re: SetPrecision - What does in find?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48412] Re: SetPrecision - What does in find?
- From: "Peltio" <peltio at twilight.zone>
- Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 00:50:57 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Peltio" <peltioNOSP at Mdespammed.com.invalid>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"Kazimir" wrote >> If you compute with infinite precision the sum of the (negative) powers >> of 2 corresponding to that expansion, you should get >> 1261007895663739 / 9007199254740992 >However, I would not agree that one can say that it is an infinite >precision of 0.14 in usual sens. Right, in fact that result is the infinite precision version of the _truncated binary expansion_ of 0.14. Truncated at the 53rd bit of mantissa. I was referrring to that with "that expansion". My sentence was not clear, sorry. cheers, Peltio Invalid address in reply-to. Crafty demunging required to mail me.