complex analysis problem in mathematica 3.0
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48459] complex analysis problem in mathematica 3.0
- From: BranasMan <branasREmoVe at mail.inet.hr>
- Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 00:13:36 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
i have a complex function: H(s)=1 / (s^3 + 2s^2 + 2s + 1) whan i replace "s" with j*w (j=sqrt(-1)) i get: H=1 / (1 + j2w -2w^2 - jw^3) i would like to get that function in shape of : H=something + j*something_else i.e. the complex and real part apart. i played with Re and Im,but it seems that the fact that "w" is a variable confuses mathematica?! i would reeeealy appreciate any help,and maybe perhaps some links for me to learn to use mathematica better.