Re: Re: Ted Ersek's Mathematica Tips Updated

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg48458] Re: [mg48451] Re: Ted Ersek's Mathematica Tips Updated
  • From: DrBob <drbob at>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 00:13:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

You might start by reading my recent post on adding your own help. Here's the link in Google Groups:

I've also added it to the Mathematica page at

I intend to add Ted's files to my Help Browser, and I'll let you know how it goes; I think it will require editing the outline and changing the style sheet (to HelpBrowser).

On Sun, 30 May 2004 06:12:12 -0400 (EDT), Dave Typinski <nospam at> wrote:

> Ted Ersek wrote:
>> Many of you have my extensive collection of Mathematica tips. I recently posted an update.
>> You can see the web version at:
>> And you can download the notebooks from:
> Wow, those are impressive!
> I checked out Mr. Ersek's web site; it is excellent.
> Which is, I'm sure, stating the obvious to those who have been here
> for some time - as opposed to me, who has been lurking here only for
> roughly a month.
> It occurred to me that it might be nice to incorporate these tips &
> tricks notebooks into the Mathematica help browser.
> So, I poked around in the Documentation folder on my installation.
> What I found seemed to make sense; but, it wasn't immediately apparent
> just where I might place the Tricks files so that the Help Browser
> Master Index would, well, index them and show me results therefrom
> when I search for something.  I also looked through the online help
> for an explanation of how to do this; either I overlooked the obvious,
> or, there isn't any.
> Is it possible to integrate the Tricks and Graphics Tricks notebooks
> in to Mathematica's online help in this manner?  If so, would someone
> please take pity on me and point me in the right direction to find out
> how?
> Thanks.
> --
> Dave Typinski

Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: