reuse values maximize

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg51947] reuse values maximize
  • From: a.kant at (Arne)
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 02:18:55 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Sorry, very simple question, but I really can't work it out...

I want to use the output of a maximation for further calculations.
something like:

Now mathematica returns {y -> -0.5}.

I want to assign the value of -0.5 to a new variable. So far I haven't
worked out how to do this (besides copy and paste!).

Thanks for any comment.