newbie question DSolve

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg52066] newbie question DSolve
  • From: "Pratik Desai" <pdesai1 at>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 01:37:09 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hello all

I am trying to use DSolve to solve a ode with discontinuity in it (wave
equation with a viscous damper injected at a location d)

This is what i am using

the problem I am facing is that

y[x] on the right hand side (next the delta function) varies w.r.t to
the location

y[x]==y[x]&& 0<=x<=d

I can solve the above equation without the y[x] coupled to the delta

Please advise and thanks in advance,

Pratik Desai

ps: This is my third attempt at posting my query, I hope this time it
makes it to the list :)