Accumulating error counts?

I'd like to turn off certain error messages like

    NIntegrate::ncvb: NIntegrate failed to converge
    NIntegrate::slwcon: Numerical integration converging too slowly

using Off[], but accumulate a count of the total number of times the
message occurred in a sequence of calculations.  How do I get at that
number?

(Better yet, I'd like to know the number of times it could have
occurred, as well as the number of times it did occur.)