copy and paste

This is a very simple question, but I'm finding it difficult to find the
answer, can you please help?  I want to copy the text output of some
expressions all at once to notepad, but I get all this other stuff I don't
want to get copied along such as invisible characters, and output #x, etc..
Can anyone tell me how I can just do a text copy and paste please?  By the
way I've tried all the copy As options, and paste as options, nothing works.