NMinimize options

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52233] NMinimize options
  • From: Joerg Schaber <schaber at molgen.mpg.de>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:56:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I am using the global optimization method "DifferentialEvolution" and
"SimulatedAnnealing" of NMinimize. Unfortunately, even the "Advanced
Documentation" is rather scarce and does not explain every option you
have to adapt those methods to your problem.
Is there more information on these options around or more examples?
Specifically I would like to learn more about the options
"PenaltyFuntion", "PostProcess" and "PerturbationScale". Another
question is whether I can specify just a subset of "SearchPoints" by
"InitalPoints"?

best,

joerg