Heko with datanase connections in Mathematica 5.1

I just acquired Mathematica 5.1 and my intention is to use the
database connectivity ability to perform a few tasks for a business
project that I am engaged in.

I loaded Mathematica 5.1 and it loaded successfully.

I read a few of the Help" pages related to my intended use.

I tried the examples by loading DatabaseLink.  This was successful.

I connected to the sample datbase "demo" successdully using the
statement " conn = OpenSQLConnection["demo"].

I next tried to look at the tables in the database by using the
command "SQLTables[conn]".  The null set "{}" was reurned.  I tried
the sane process with another sample database with the same results
"{}".

Any sugeestions as to how to solve my problem would be appreciated.

Larry