- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg52343] Re: UnitStep
- From: Peter Pein <petsie at arcor.de>
- Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 02:32:14 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Blimbaum, Jerry AA R22 wrote:
> Why does the following give me 'indeterminate, infinite expression
> encountered', etc. instead of zero....
> (1/p) UnitStep[p-1] /.p->0
> I defined a function using the UnitStep because p could = 0 and I
> thought this would be the way around that problem.......but didnt work
> the way I expected.....
> jerry blimbaum
what you get is 0/0, which is not (and must not be) defined.
Use If[p<1, 0, 1/p] instead.
Prev by Date:
Re: plot Point with several shapes ?
Next by Date:
Principal Value integral
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: