Mathematica&SuSe 9.2: Inputformulars disabled
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg52365] Mathematica&SuSe 9.2: Inputformulars disabled
- From: Detlef Mueller <dmueller at mathematik.uni-kassel.de>
- Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 02:32:42 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I am running Mathematica 4.1 under Suse Linux 9.2 and
there are strange effects:
Starting any Windowmanager (i.e fvwm or kde) the regular
way (with startx) and callin Mathematica, Mathematica starts ...
but any inputformular is disabled, for example the input
of keywords in the help, or the input of filenames to
In short Mathematica is useless.
Starting the X-Window with xinit,
then starting the windowmanager "fvwm"
then running mathematica and it works.
The above procedure
with Windowmanager "kde" fails.
(For the ones thinking of a deja vue:
I posted this on 2004-01-31 for Suse 9.0, and
no one answered.
maybe in the mean time there are some ideas?)
Prev by Date:
Simplify, Condition, Assuming and SetDelayd
Next by Date:
integration using PSQL algorithm
Previous by thread:
Re: Simplify, Condition, Assuming and SetDelayd
Next by thread:
Re: Mathematica&SuSe 9.2: Inputformulars disabled