Re: filtering graphics

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg52443] Re: [mg52398] filtering graphics
  • From: Yasvir Tesiram <tesiramy at>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 01:40:50 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

You probably need to split your sequence of events up so that the target
isn't created before you operate on it. Alternatively pipe the data
through your script using Export. It also depends on what you want to do
with your graphics. You may be able to do what your script is doing with
Mathematica. Anyway, I assume you already know about Run (or !) so here is
an example of what I think you may want:

5.1 for Linux (October 25, 2004)

g1 = Plot[x^2, {x, -2.0, 2.0}]
g2 = Plot[x^3, {x, -2.0, 2.0}]

Display["~/plot.eps", g1, "EPS"]

Display["~/plot1.eps", g2, "EPS"]

(* here is a filter using ImageMagicks convert"

filter = "convert ~/plot.eps ~/plot1.eps -combine ~/plot2.eps"

(* and GIMP to open the newly converted picture*)

openGimp = "gimp ~/plot2.eps"

Hope this helps.