Re: wierd differential
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg51062] Re: [mg51032] wierd differential
- From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
- Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 05:47:32 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Because Mathematica always begins all its reserved symbols with a capital letter. So you want to use E instead of e. D[1 - E^(-2*(y + 1)), y] 2/E^(2*(1 + y)) David Park djmp at earthlink.net http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/ From: YOUNGWHAN [mailto:ywsong at buffalo.edu] To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net When I put \!\(D[1 - e\^\(\(-2\) \((y + 1)\)\), y]\) and, the result \!\(2\ e\^\(\(-2\)\ \((1 + y)\)\)\ Log[e]\) why Log[e] is added?