How to explain functions' linearity to Mathematica 5 ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg51076] How to explain functions' linearity to Mathematica 5 ?
- From: Stepan Yakovenko <stiv at novi.ru>
- Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 05:48:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello ! It would be great if someone will help me to find out a solution for a small problem. I have got an abstract function N0[i,j,r], where i and j are integers and r is some formulae. N0 has a feature: N0[i,j,r+s]=N0[i,j,r]+N0[i,j,s] and N0[i,j, a s]=a N0[i,j,s]. I have got a long expression like this: N0[1,2, I*N0[4,1,r]+97*N0[4,3,5*N0[2,1,r]]]. I want it to get expanded like this I*N0[1,2,N0[4,1,r]+5*97*N0[1,2,N0[4,3,N0[2,1,r]]]] with Mathematica 5. How can I do it ? Thanx in advance.