Print with limited precision

There must be some built-in function to print out decimal quantities with say
2 digits of precision to the right of the point. I want quantities such
as zz= -27.9873554 to print as -27.99, etc., but keeping the real precision
internally. I could write one easily enough but I would think there is
already such a thing. This seems trivial but I can't find how to do it in Help, etc.

Steve Gray